Tuesday, December 22, 2009

ModFauna

I love to paint.

I'm just throwing that out there.

I love it! One evening while painting a some flowers on a few outgoing packages I had some extra paint left in my tray, so the once blah photo frame was transformed into a Tiffany blue masterpiece. Then the nearby mirror frame. Then the cover of a sketchbook within my grasp, and finally, when I had all but thought I ran out of things to transform with my painting prowess, I spy my collection of toy animal figurines.

Bingo.

The teal donkey was born.

Gleefully I showed my crafty friend my creation in the webcam, and she fell in love. I jokingly said that I should make an Etsy shop devoted to my mammalian creations, and she told me that if I didn't, she would. So ModFauna was born.

We are going into business together!

ModFauna will contain transformed objects d'art created from the blah base figurines of vintage, found and discarded but beautiful animal toys of our childhood past. We hand paint and design each and every figure and they are packaged with the utmost care (and style.)

ModFauna creations are perfect to transform any space! They add a certain style to an otherwise dull area with their bright colors and traditionally inspired patterns.

Take a look! (and pass out some hearts, we love those.)

{www.ModFauna.etsy.com}

We are currently featured in two treasiries:


http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=101486
http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list_west.php?room_id=80173&show_panel=true

No comments:

Post a Comment